Booth Volunteers Needed for Apache EU Roadshow 2018 in Berlin
Sharan Foga
2018-03-21 14:46:13 UTC
Hi All

Our Apache EU Roadshow will run from 11th - 14th June 2018 is Berlin. It is held in conjunction with Berlin Buzzwords and FOSS Backstage and starts as a 2 day Apache Lounge on 11th and 12th during Berlin Buzzwords and leads on to tracks covering Cloud, IoT, Tomcat, Httpd and Microservices on 13th and 14th.

We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache booth during these events. As well as a booth, we will also have an Apache Lounge area where people can come along to chat, relax, hack and network.

We are looking for up to 8 volunteers (4 for each event) to be available to spend time on the booth and the Apache Lounge, talking to attendees about the ASF, and handing out stickers, leaflets or giveaways.

If you can only help out during only one event but not the other, then that is fine too as I know some people may be speaking or attending one of these events.

Please respond if you are available and would like to help out with this.

Thanks
Sharan

Shane Curcuru
2018-03-21 16:01:38 UTC
Yay! Yes, please sign me up for the Buzzwords booth! (I'm speaking and
want to attend sessions during Backstage, so I can't do it then).

Thanks for organizing!
Fabian Hueske
2018-03-21 16:44:09 UTC
Hi Sharan,

I'd like to help as well.
I'll attend and talk at both events and will certainly have time for
booth/lounge duty or other tasks.

Best, Fabian
Sharan Foga

Stefan Bodewig
2018-03-21 18:55:13 UTC
Post by Sharan Foga
Our Apache EU Roadshow will run from 11th - 14th June 2018 is
Berlin. It is held in conjunction with Berlin Buzzwords and FOSS
Backstage and starts as a 2 day Apache Lounge on 11th and 12th during
Berlin Buzzwords and leads on to tracks covering Cloud, IoT, Tomcat,
Httpd and Microservices on 13th and 14th.
I'll attend FOSS Backstage. As I've also volunteered to help out at FOSS
Backstage I can't promise to be available as much as I'd like to, but
I'll sure be around the ASF booth as well.

Stefan

Stefan Bodewig

Sharan Foga
2018-03-22 08:18:06 UTC
Hi Shane

Thanks for volunteering and you are officially signed up :-)

I'll probably look at starting a wiki page for the event too, just for general co-ordination.

Thanks
Sharan
Bertrand Delacretaz
2018-03-22 08:26:33 UTC
Hi Sharan,
.. We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache booth during these events....
I'll be at FOSS Backstage and can help, but I cannot confirm a time
before their schedule is out as I have submitted a talk.

-Bertrand

Sharan Foga

Sharan Foga
2018-03-22 08:36:58 UTC
Hi Bertrand

Great and don't worry about formal times. The plan is to have some core volunteers to ensure that we have at least someone there, and we can supplement them with other people who can come along to help whenever they are available.

Thanks
Sharan
Hi Sharan,
Kevin A. McGrail
Sharan Foga
2018-03-22 12:34:40 UTC
Thanks Kevin and will do.

Thanks
Sharan
Post by Kevin A. McGrail
Add me as well, Sharan.
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi Bertrand
Great and don't worry about formal times. The plan is to have some core
volunteers to ensure that we have at least someone there, and we can
supplement them with other people who can come along to help whenever they
are available.
Thanks
Sharan
Hi Sharan,
Jorge Betancourt
2018-03-22 12:38:37 UTC
Hi Sharan,

I'm planning on attending, and I could help in the booth! Please add me as
well.

Regards,
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks Kevin and will do.
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Kevin A. McGrail
Add me as well, Sharan.
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi Bertrand
Great and don't worry about formal times. The plan is to have some core
volunteers to ensure that we have at least someone there, and we can
supplement them with other people who can come along to help whenever
they
Post by Kevin A. McGrail
Post by Sharan Foga
are available.
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Hi Sharan,
.. We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache booth
during
Post by Kevin A. McGrail
Post by Sharan Foga
these events....
Sharan Foga
2018-03-27 10:02:26 UTC
Hi Jorge

Thanks for wanting to help out. I'll add you to the list.

Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Hi Sharan,
I'm planning on attending, and I could help in the booth! Please add me as
well.
Regards,
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks Kevin and will do.
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Kevin A. McGrail
Add me as well, Sharan.
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi Bertrand
Great and don't worry about formal times. The plan is to have some core
volunteers to ensure that we have at least someone there, and we can
supplement them with other people who can come along to help whenever
they
Post by Kevin A. McGrail
Post by Sharan Foga
are available.
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Hi Sharan,
.. We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache booth
during
Post by Kevin A. McGrail
Post by Sharan Foga
these events....
Rich Bowen
Trevor Grant

Sharan Foga

Sharan Foga

Luciano Resende
2018-03-29 14:36:15 UTC
Hi Sharan,

I know you probably has enough helpers for BW, but otherwise count me in on
the 11 and 12.
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi Trevor
That's great! If you are going to be around during Buzzwords too and are
available to help out then please let me know as we do have some free booth
staff tickets for people helping out during buzzwords.
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
as a 2 day Apache Lounge on 11th and 12th during Berlin Buzzwords
and
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
leads
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
and 14th.
We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache booth
during
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
these
Post by Sharan Foga
events. As well as a booth, we will also have an Apache Lounge
area
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
where
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
that is fine too as I know some people may be speaking or
attending one
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
of
Post by Sharan Foga
these events.
Please respond if you are available and would like to help out
with this.
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Sent from my Mobile device
Sharan Foga
2018-03-29 14:44:11 UTC
That's great Luciano!

Thanks
Sharan
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi Trevor
That's great! If you are going to be around during Buzzwords too and are
available to help out then please let me know as we do have some free booth
staff tickets for people helping out during buzzwords.
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
as a 2 day Apache Lounge on 11th and 12th during Berlin Buzzwords
and
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
leads
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
and 14th.
We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache booth
during
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
these
Post by Sharan Foga
events. As well as a booth, we will also have an Apache Lounge
area
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
where
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
that is fine too as I know some people may be speaking or
attending one
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
of
Post by Sharan Foga
these events.
Please respond if you are available and would like to help out
with this.
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Mohammad Noureldin
2018-03-29 15:30:03 UTC
Hi Sharan

Count me in for the 13-14th of June

I will be in Berlin during that whole week but I am not sure yet about the
11th-12th of June.
Post by Sharan Foga
That's great Luciano!
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Hi Sharan,
I know you probably has enough helpers for BW, but otherwise count me in
on
Post by Fabian Hueske
the 11 and 12.
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
staff tickets for people helping out during buzzwords.
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Trevor Grant
I'll be speaking at FOSS_ happy to help with the booth the rest of
the
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
time.
tg
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
is held in conjunction with Berlin Buzzwords and FOSS
Backstage and
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
starts
Post by Sharan Foga
as a 2 day Apache Lounge on 11th and 12th during Berlin
Buzzwords
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
and
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
leads
Post by Sharan Foga
on to tracks covering Cloud, IoT, Tomcat, Httpd and
Microservices
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
on 13th
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
and 14th.
We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache booth
during
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
these
Post by Sharan Foga
events. As well as a booth, we will also have an Apache Lounge
area
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
where
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
If you can only help out during only one event but not the
other,
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
then
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
that is fine too as I know some people may be speaking or
attending one
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
of
Post by Sharan Foga
these events.
Please respond if you are available and would like to help out
with this.
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Sharan Foga
---------
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Sent from my Mobile device
Thanks
- Mohammad Noureldin
----
- Albert Einstein
Sharan Foga
2018-03-29 18:54:29 UTC
Hi Mohammad

Thanks very much for offering to help out! Please let me know if you need a FOSS Backstage ticket as we have some free ones that we can allocate to our official booth volunteers.

Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Hi Sharan
Count me in for the 13-14th of June
I will be in Berlin during that whole week but I am not sure yet about the
11th-12th of June.
Post by Sharan Foga
That's great Luciano!
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Hi Sharan,
I know you probably has enough helpers for BW, but otherwise count me in
on
Post by Fabian Hueske
the 11 and 12.
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
staff tickets for people helping out during buzzwords.
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Trevor Grant
I'll be speaking at FOSS_ happy to help with the booth the rest of
the
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
time.
tg
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
is held in conjunction with Berlin Buzzwords and FOSS
Backstage and
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
starts
Post by Sharan Foga
as a 2 day Apache Lounge on 11th and 12th during Berlin
Buzzwords
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
and
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
leads
Post by Sharan Foga
on to tracks covering Cloud, IoT, Tomcat, Httpd and
Microservices
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
on 13th
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
and 14th.
We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache booth
during
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
these
Post by Sharan Foga
events. As well as a booth, we will also have an Apache Lounge
area
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
where
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
If you can only help out during only one event but not the
other,
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
then
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
that is fine too as I know some people may be speaking or
attending one
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
of
Post by Sharan Foga
these events.
Please respond if you are available and would like to help out
with this.
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Sharan Foga
---------
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Sent from my Mobile device
Mohammad Noureldin
2018-03-29 19:43:22 UTC
Hi Sharan
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi Mohammad
Thanks very much for offering to help out! Please let me know if you need
a FOSS Backstage ticket as we have some free ones that we can allocate to
our official booth volunteers.
Thanks, but I've already booked an early bird ticket for FOSS Backstage

Looking forward to meet you all there :)
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Hi Sharan
Count me in for the 13-14th of June
I will be in Berlin during that whole week but I am not sure yet about
the
Post by Fabian Hueske
11th-12th of June.
Post by Sharan Foga
That's great Luciano!
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Hi Sharan,
I know you probably has enough helpers for BW, but otherwise count
me in
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
on
Post by Fabian Hueske
the 11 and 12.
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi Trevor
I'm going to officially sign you up as a booth helper for
Buzzwords.
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi Trevor
That's great! If you are going to be around during Buzzwords too
and
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
are
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
available to help out then please let me know as we do have some
free
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
booth
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
staff tickets for people helping out during buzzwords.
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Trevor Grant
I'll be speaking at FOSS_ happy to help with the booth the
rest of
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
the
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
time.
tg
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
Hi All
Our Apache EU Roadshow will run from 11th - 14th June 2018
is
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Berlin. It
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
is held in conjunction with Berlin Buzzwords and FOSS
Backstage and
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
starts
Post by Sharan Foga
as a 2 day Apache Lounge on 11th and 12th during Berlin
Buzzwords
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
and
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
leads
Post by Sharan Foga
on to tracks covering Cloud, IoT, Tomcat, Httpd and
Microservices
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
on 13th
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
and 14th.
We are looking for volunteers to help out on the Apache
booth
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
during
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
these
Post by Sharan Foga
events. As well as a booth, we will also have an Apache
Lounge
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
area
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
where
Post by Sharan Foga
people can come along to chat, relax, hack and network.
We are looking for up to 8 volunteers (4 for each event)
to be
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
available
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
to spend time on the booth and the Apache Lounge, talking
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
attendees
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
If you can only help out during only one event but not the
other,
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
then
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
that is fine too as I know some people may be speaking or
attending one
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
of
Post by Sharan Foga
these events.
Please respond if you are available and would like to help
out
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
with this.
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Trevor Grant
Post by Rich Bowen
Post by Sharan Foga
Thanks
Sharan
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Sharan Foga
---------
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
Post by Fabian Hueske
Post by Sharan Foga
--
Sent from my Mobile device
Thanks
Post by Fabian Hueske
- Albert Einstein
Sharan Foga

Sharan Foga
2018-03-28 18:46:10 UTC
Hi All

I’ve started putting together a wiki page here with details of the volunteers

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/Apache+EU+Roadshow+2018

Existing volunteers, please feel free to update the table with times, dates etc that you prefer, so that we can get a good picture of who will be on duty and when.

At the moment it looks like we have main volunteers for the Buzzwords part but no main volunteers for the FOSS Backstage / Roadshow part (since quite a few people are presenting during the FOSS Backstage bit :-).

Do we have people who are not presenting at FOSS Backstage or the Roadshow that could be our main booth / lounge people during those days? (Remember that booth time can be shared so volunteers get the chance to see some of the presentations too:-)

Thanks
Sharan
Kevin A. McGrail